The Lake Greeley Camp tennis program is one of our more popular activities in the daily schedule. The goal of the tennis program is still instill a sense of constant improvement in all the tennis players of camp, that there are always skills and abilities that can get better.
Utilizing 5 "all-weather" tennis courts and led by a qualified tennis director, campers receive excellent instruction daily. The tennis staff are able to instruct every element of the game, anything from forehand to the volley. The program not only offers daily instruction but also the chance to participate in inter-camp games against campers from other camps and intra-camp games where campers can compete in the Lake Greeley Camp Tennis Ladder. This kind of competition gives campers the chance to use the skills they practiced and develop their game awareness and strategy.
Features the Tennis Program has:
- It is ideal for the child who has never played tennis as well as the advanced player truly wishing to improve his or her game.
- All equipment is provided including plentiful and appropriate sized racquets, tennis balls, and ball machines.
- There are low camper to instructor ratios for group lessons, generally 6-1.
- Private lessons are available.
- Campers are able to use the courts each and every day.
- Free-time recreational play is encouraged at the end of every activity period.