Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Lake Greeley Camp family. The success of Lake Greeley is due in no small part to the talents and abilities our staff bring every summer. The summer staff that we hire in the off-season leading up to our summer operating season have such a large impact on creating a positive experience for campers. It is for this reason we invest such a great deal of time and attention to looking for and hiring the best staff possible.
The position of camp counselor at Lake Greeley Camp is a rather unique position. It is, in fact, a dual position.
- First, camp counselors live right in the cabin with the campers, helping to provide 24 hour supervision. In this position, counselors become almost like big brothers or big sisters, seeing to the daily needs of the campers in their cabin. There are a minimum of 2 counselors in every cabin with some cabins having 3.
- Second, counselors are also the instructors, specializing in one or more activities throughout the program day at the activity sites. It is the responsibility of the counselor to ensure instruction is being done on a daily basis so that the campers can go home having learned new skills.
There are many benefits to working at Lake Greeley Camp. We offer a competitive salary, free room, board, laundry service, staff lounge with Internet Access through WiFi and tipping from camper parents is permitted and encouraged. In addition, we also provide FREE tuition to the children of our Senior Staff. However, perhaps the greatest benefits of working at Lake Greeley Camp are the friendships and bonds created that will, undoubtedly, last forever and span continents.
Dates: (Coming soon for 2014 summer season)
The dates for the 2014 Summer Season are still being worked on for employment. Our session dates will start on June 29, 2014 through to August 21, 2014. That is when campers will be in camp and we begin our season with them. However, Senior Staff and Counselor staff will come to camp at least a week before June 29, 2014 for orientation sessions that will address many items about camp and campers during the summer season.
- Our counselors must be at least 19 years of age by the time camp begins and have completed one year of college.
- Our senior staff must be at least 24 years of age.
- Our staff is comprised of approximately 140 counselors and senior staff from not only around the United States, but from all over the world. If you are ready to have the experience of your life and consider yourself a good role model for children, then we encourage you to apply for a position at Lake Greeley Camp.
Please follow this link to fill out one of our online staff applications.
To learn more about Lake Greeley Camp, our policies and procedures, please read our Staff Information Packet